The main activities of the state institution National Center for Analytical Monitoring in the Area of Environmental Protection in the course of implementing international agreements include:
1. Organization of regular observations at transboundary points of the state network to measure hydrochemical indicators of the quality of surface waters
Every year at transboundary observation points the Center’s laboratories:
Collect over 370 samples of surface waters
Perform observations using 32 hydrochemical indicators, with about 10,000 runs performed.
2. Organization of joint collection of samples, comparisons between labs, seminars
Every year 5-8 laboratories of the Center participate in interlaboratory comparisons with laboratories of Poland, Russia, Ukraine, and Lithuania.
Since 2011 practical seminars have been held for lab specialists to focus on topical laboratory practices
3. Participation in meetings of working groups:
• Belarusian-Russian working group for the protection and control of water quality in the basin of the Dnieper River;
• Belarusian-Russian working group for the protection and control of water quality in the basin of the Western Dvina River;
• Belarusian-Ukrainian working group for the protection and control of water quality